We are proud of our amazing multicultural team from different backgrounds and with various skills and experience – all working together to empower people and eradicate poverty. We are always on the look out for talented, hardworking and committed individuals.
Mid term Evaluation
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Program: Futuru Di’ak – Building better futures for women survivors of Gender Based Violence through Economic Empowerment
Reporting: Empreza Di’ak’s Director
Period of Implementation: until 15 of June 2018
Duration: maximum 10 Working days
Application: Until 25 May 2018, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Empreza Di’ak NGO (ED) is a dynamic Timorese NGO that uses micro-business to fight poverty in Timor-Leste. ED is committed to all Timorese having the opportunity to build a better life, combining their own efforts with the power of business. ED focuses on developing marketable local products while supporting poor and rural communities and, in particular, vulnerable women to access to markets and works with them to realize their entrepreneurial potential.
With the help of institutional partners, we are implementing innovative projects that are changing the way we fight poverty in Timor-Leste. We work in developing local products for local markets; economically empowering vulnerable women, with a focus on women survivors of violence; strengthening value chains and providing access to market; doing advocacy and providing training platforms for local NGOs and micro-businesses. For more information visit www.empreza-diak.com and www.facebook.com/Empreza.Diak
ED has a strong and multicultural team of enthusiastic Timorese staff and international staff and volunteers (notably from Australia, Portugal and New Zealand) working together to help build better lives in Timor-Leste.
BACKGROUND ON THE PROGRAM
Under its flagship ‘Futuru Di’ak’ (Good Future) program, the first program in Timor-Leste that focuses on the reintegration of survivors of violence through economic empowerment, Empreza Di’ak has been revolutionizing the way women survivors of violence are reintegrated into society and how they can build sustainable livelihoods; innovative work that was recently recognized by HE the President of Timor-Leste with the prestigious ‘Sergio Vieira de Mello’ Human Rights Award 2014.
Since 2011 Futuru Di’ak identifies and implements market based businesses for vulnerable women by providing training to vulnerable women to develop skills, equipment, and mentoring to start and manage a small business or gain employment. Futuru Di’ak also provides on the job microbusiness training to women survivors of violence in shelters – and support to partner organizations – to assist in women’s social reintegration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The key objective of the final evaluation is to assess the progress towards project’s objectives and identify and document key lessons learnt from project implementation. On the basis of the analysis conducted, it is expected that the recruited consultant will be able to recommend improvements to inform future project design and implementation approaches.
Under overall guidance the Futuru Di’ak Program office and under direct supervision of the Empreza Di’ak Program Manager, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
– Review relevant project documentation;
– Assess the project performance against its established objectives, results and key outputs;
– Assess progress against the framework indicators;
– Identify key challenges and opportunities and lessons learnt and formulate evidence-based recommendations that can feed into the next funding cycle.
LENGTH OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND COSTS
The assignment is envisioned to be conducted in the first half of June 2018. The schedule of assignment may involve travelling to the Districts with the team. The timeframe should not exceed 10 days.
Total budget frame: not to exceed USD 5.000 – the budget shall cover all costs including consultancy fees, international and national travel, Per Diems, insurances and communication. Printing costs and travelling to partner locations is covered by Empreza Di’ak.
All the documents should be submitted and written in English language.
Upon receipt of the deliverables and prior to the payment of the installment, the deliverables, related reports and documents will be reviewed and approved by Empreza Di’ak within one week of submission.
– Empreza Di’ak will provide the Consultant with background material.
– Empreza Di’ak will also cover the costs of travel allowance to the districts as per standard Empreza Di’ak rate, as well as a driver to the districts.
– Empreza Di’ak will facilitate the consultant’s work in particular with regards to the organization of meetings and interviews.
– The consultant is expected to work using her/his computer, accessing the Empreza Di’ak office in Dili as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The consultant should fulfill the following requirements:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
– Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies or related fields.
– At least 4 years of experience of relevant work in the field of gender equality and/or economic empowerment.
– Proven experience economic empowerment and/or gender based violence programming.
– Knowledge of Timor-Leste’s context and experience in the country
– Good command of English both written and oral;
– Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to use internet and email.
– Fluency in Tetun or Indonesian
– Applicants currently living or working within Timor-Leste
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are requested to submit an electronic application to email@example.com or hardcopy to Empreza Di’ak office, Rua de Lautem, 1, Díli, Timor-Leste with the following:
– Letter of interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in the field of recruitment
– The consultant is required to submit a proposal outlining consultancy daily fees